Thursday, September 4, 2008

Internet dating, Meg "Picasso Face" Ryan and Lurid Digs

**THE FRINGE FESTIVAL IS RUNNING RIGHT NOW THROUGHOUT VANCOUVER. GRAB A GUIDE AT YOUR LOCAL BLENZ AND SEE SOME SHOWS. I'M HEADING TO SEE PUTZ TOMORROW NIGHT AND WILL POST A REVIEW THIS WEEKEND**

Internet dating is a lot Meg "Picasso Face" Ryan...almost everything about it sounds and looks good in principle, but then you take a closer look:
And discover that everything is not as it should be...nor has it been for a long, long time.

Recently, my journalistic instincts have gone into overdrive and I'm cooking up a non-fiction collection of essays modeled after Canada's own Jan Wong. In the spirit of an article I posted here a couple weeks back, I've joined Manhunt.net ... and I'm hoping to interview some fine local gentlemen now that I have a phone (the 6 week ordeal is over and that damn Richard Branson and his Virgin Mobile goons have made hundreds of dollars off my recent misfortune - damn them straight to Palm Springs!)

My favourite online "encounter" so far involved a one-word message (sent with requisite photo of headless torso) that said:

"Dam"

Dear reader: I laughed, I cried, I took a nap and when I woke up the sun was shining just so through the windows and a pidgeon cooing softly in the distance, I went for a walk, bought some humus, made a delicious sandwich and reflected on Petty and Vindictive 2007 and all the bitchy things I did that year whilst leaning against the balcony railing...and then it hit me a second time: what the fuck does 'Dam' mean?

Here's a site you will love. It's called Lurid Digs: Horrifying Gay Amateur Interiors. Think twice before you post that profile shot. People are judging you and you might just end up all over the internet. PS don't click on the above link if you don't like penises and/or nausalicious interior design. You've been warned.

September 24, 2007

April 9, 2007

File Under:For the hell of it | Suffocating Sofas

No comments: