Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What the fuck were they thinking?

Photo credit: me.

Please note, my photographic hallmarks include: graininess and no sense of focus.

Listen. I've been sitting on this photo for a couple months now and it's been eating me up (ha ha) inside. Since I've promised to keep the identities of the subjects in these photos secret, including celebrities, I encourage you to go ahead and fall in love with my gimp photo editing. Look at those black-bar identity blockers. They're hot.

Now don't get me wrong. I love [insert musical artist name here] and thought her Vancouver concert was the second best I've ever seen (top honours go to Madge's Confessions Tour in Madison Square Gardens). And when [insert musical artist name here] called for the boys to come dance on the stage, I knew she was calling me and would tolerate the other 53 yahoos that got up on stage as long as I was there to rock it out and keep everyone real. Still, this picture makes me feel funny...and not in the climbing-the-rope-in-gym-class kinda way.

Apparently [insert musical artist name here] likes to dress up as a giant yellow watermelon and garnish herself with a tin-foil crown (of the christmas cracker variety). Or maybe she decided to Trick-or-Treat her own concert (while she was singing, what can I get for $10? my thoughts turned to the obvious). Who am I to judge? Well, for starters, we can all learn something from the giant fist in this picture. It is just about to beat some fashion sense into her...and I, for one, applaud its knuckly panache and punchy know-how.

No comments: